Friday, November 24, 2006

Five years on the run



my first academic paper has been accepted at the 2nd workshop on open source software in 2002. I remember vividly the sensations of flying to Florida and meet the legendary people I knew from their papers, the astonishment of hearing his presentation and thinking "oh gawd... THAT is sound...", and especially a long talk with Donald K. Rosenberg. The idea of speaking with him, his involvement in the discussion, and his book as a gift are among the best momories of that conference.

Five years later.

Another life.

During ICSE 2007, Grex and I will take over the workshop and run it ourselves.

Ok, it's only a workshop. But we will run it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't know what to say, but it sounds like you are happy and it doesn't sound half bad :) so congratulations! :D

Me said...

any free lunch? eheheh congrats