Wednesday, June 07, 2006

singing the twilight - aka again weird habits




in my career of music passionate, i listened to some hundreds albums (dont say thousandz cuz wouldnt like da RIAA to come and inspect my houze...)


my stupid stupid habit (which i'm trying to work on) is about associating people I meet with albums I've come to listen: have you ever met anybody looking like a pet shop boys album? Personally I have crystallised some friends to the "papa don't preach" period of madonna, some others to the "concert in finsbury park" by art and garfunkel, someone other to the trance-techno of underworld's "dubnobasswithmyheadman"


of course the best part is seeing whether and how these references change over time: has any marillion record ever become a nine inch nails one? i can testify one case indeed


the powder burns new album by twilight singers is what I'd like to be associated with for the next 10 years or so

2 comments:

Israel Herraiz said...

It happens to me a kind of the same thing. I associate albums or bands to places. For instance, Milton Keynes is a mixture of Bloc Party and Blonde Redhead. However, Victoria (CA) is Julieta Venegas.

I know, it is weird, but not as much as my musical tastes.

Andrea said...

i think you are the only person who can associate milton keynes to bloc party...

i would rather say that it's the einsturzende neubauten most acid experiment with press noises, bolts, and in general an even tempo (something like a 18/7, purely for the sake of being weird...)